Translation status for ubuntu-docs

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:36:20 UTC 2012

Hey there,

Timo Jyrinki wrote:

> I'm not aware of anything special the docs team could do better.
> Maybe if something could be suggested, it would be to be careful
> when doing mass changes, for example to punctuation, unless it's
> really, really needed.

There is never a time when punctuation changes aren't really, really
needed since the rules for punctuation are clearly defined, so if the
punctuation is incorrect, it needs to be changed.

> Because of the Launchpad problematics I mentioned, they cause havoc
> in the translations that is disproportionate to the perceived
> amount of changes in the documentation itself.

If they cause havoc, that must mean the changes in the resulting
meaning of the sentences were significant enough to warrant the
ensuing havoc as translators scramble to recheck the content for
accuracy. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.