[Ubuntu-manual] top bar, menu bar, panel or top panel

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Wed Jul 11 13:46:26 UTC 2012

Hi Paddy,
Thanks for starting a discussion on this on the forums. It is quite
interesting to read the suggestions, one of them particularly: are there
plans to redo
http://askubuntu.com/questions/10228/whats-the-right-terminology-for-unitys-ui-elements
?Here the answer to the question "Is the bar at the top called "panel"?
is No, the top bar is called the "menu bar".
But I would still say: who has decided on this? And do we agree? I hope
I do not sound arrogant, all I want is to have a clear answer.
Regards,
Hannie