UI freeze exception requests for ubuntu-sso-login

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 25 08:43:28 UTC 2012

Al 23/02/12 19:46, En/na Joshua Hoover ha escrit:
> I wanted to make sure both the translators and docs lists were aware of
> some further UI changes we need to make after the Precise UI freeze
> (today) in the Ubuntu SSO login package. The following changes need to
> be made in order to provide a better user experience:

Thanks Joshua for the heads up.

>   * http://pad.lv/938604 - Display errors in the current window rather
> than as pop-up dialogs, while ensuring the Window does not need to be
> resized.

Translators: as far as I can understand from the bug, it does not change
current strings.

>   * http://pad.lv/937905 - Update the strings to make them more user
> friendly.

Translators: this will change the following strings in the template

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/ubuntu-sso-client

- 'Cancel and Close'

- 'Add proxy settings'
+ 'Proxy Settings'

- 'Please provide login details below, or check your system settings.'
+ 'Please provide login details.'

- 'These credentials are incorrect; please try again.'
+ 'Incorrect login details. Please try again.'

+ 'Proxy username:'

- 'Save'
+ 'Save And Connect'

>   * http://pad.lv/933729 - Provide a dialog that allows users to accept
> SSL certificates when using a proxy server.

Translators: this will add some new strings to the template, at least
the following (I didn't go exhaustively through the diff):

+ 'SSL Certificate Not Valid'
+ 'Do you want to connect to this server?')
+ 'You are trying to connect to a proxy server on %(domain)s. This
server uses a secure connection, and the SSL certificate is not valid
because:'
+ 'The certificate has not been verified'
+ 'The name on the certificate isn\'t valid or doesn\'t match the name
of the site'
+ 'The certificate has expired'
+ 'Certificate details'
+ 'If you are not sure about this server, do not use it to connect to
Ubuntu One.'
+ 'Remember my settings for this certificate.'
+ 'Get Help With SSL'
+ 'Connect'

> If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Joshua, this changes quite a few strings, and if the UIFe is approved it
would be good to upload the new strings to Launchpad as soon as possible
to give translators enough time to work on them.

Once the changes are merged, could someone from the U1 team provide me a
freshly built ubuntu-sso-login.pot template (it should not take more
than a few seconds to manually run the rule that builds it)?

This way I could upload it to Launchpad directly without having to wait
for the package to be built, uploaded to the archive and the strings to
be imported.

Thanks!

Cheers,
David.