Precise language pack post-release schedule

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 30 04:40:49 UTC 2012

On 27 April 2012 13:39, David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a heads up that I've started preparing the post-release language
> pack schedule for Precise. It's currently just a draft, which you can
> find here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/PreciseLanguagePackReleaseSchedule
>
> The important bit for now is the first language pack. As some of you
> might know, the Canonical PES team and the Simplified Chinese community
> have been working to deliver a fully translated desktop. The first part,
> the UI translations, has been finished, but the second part,
> documentation, will be delivered in the first language pack update,
> which I've scheduled for the 11th of May.
>
> To translators: you'll see that there is 1 day of testing initially, as
> opposed to 1 week, as usual. This is because the 11th of May is a hard
> deadline for the Simplified Chinese project. But in any case, I've
> created another milestone following that, to have an extra week as usual
> and have the language packs uploaded for those who don't have time for
> testing in 1 day.
>
> To the docs team: in order to meet the schedule, would you be able to do
> an upload of a new version of ubuntu-docs with updated translations on
> the 7th of May? The date is critical for releasing the language pack in
> time. If you think it's not possible, please let me know as soon as
> possible and I'll coordinate with someone from the desktop team to do
> the upload.
>
> Thanks!

Ok, I've added May 7th to my calendar to get the next ubuntu-docs
upload done that day.

We have a rather impressive slate of 10 SRU bugs that we just uploaded
ubuntu-docs fixes for this weekend. You can see the full list at
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/precise/view/head:/debian/changelog

It doesn't seem like the Simplified Chinese translation project is
using Launchpad directly for their translation work, so please get
them the latest potfile.

Jeremy