Date for release of 12.04 ubuntu-docs

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:38:10 UTC 2012

> The problem is this line on every html page:
>
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></scri
> pt><script type="text/javascript" src="js/main.js"></script>
>
> There is no issue if the line uses "https" instead.
>
> Of course, there is also no issue of one just uses "http" instead of "https"
> in the parent link to start with. I can do that on my test computer, but the
> real web pages seem to re-direct to https.
>
> At the moment it isn't clear to me how easy or hard this would be to fix. If
> it doesn't magically get fixed in a couple days, I'll enter a launchpad bug
> and set about figuring out how to fix it.
>
> ... Doug
>
> Other older stuff deleted.

That's easy to fix. Where you have "http://" in that URL, just use "//".
So, your script tag should look like this:
<script type="text/javascript"
src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js">
</script>

The "//" is like "/" but for the protocol. It loads the given URL
using the current protocol.

Dylan