Integrating forums and wiki

Piskie ub.untu at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 20 13:41:18 UTC 2012

On 20/04/12 09:26, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
> Op 19-04-12 13:56, Matthew East schreef:
>> Hi Bodhi,
>>
>> Sorry for the delayed response on this.
>>
>> On 9 April 2012 22:23, Bodhi Zazen<bodhi.zazen at montanalinux.org>  wrote:
>>> Hello to the wiki team =)
>>>
>>> The forums council is interested in migrating the tutorials from the
>>> forums to the wiki.
>> I think this is a great decision and am very pleased to hear the news.
>>
>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1949027
>>>
>>> It is an interesting project and we are wondering who on the doc
>>> team we can collaborate with. Specifically we are interested in
>>> connecting contributing users (authors) from the forums with the
>>> wiki team.
>>>
>>> Who would you suggest we coordinate with on the wiki team ?
>> I don't have anyone specific in mind but I suggest that you use the
>> ubuntu-doc mailing list, the forums and the planet to call for
>> possible contributors who could help with this. Once people come
>> forward to help with these, we can help answer any questions they have
>> and to fill any gaps in the documentation.
>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Wiki/Tasks/Forum
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Wiki/Tasks/Forum/import
>>>
>>> They may be a little out dated, but a good start at collaborating.
>> I agree. The page may be old, but the basic points that are made there
>> remain valid and important and are a good starting point for forums
>> contributors interested in transferring material from the forum to the
>> help wiki.
>>
> I think this is a great idea, and I would like to help migrating
> information from the forums to the wiki documentation; will the
> subteams WikiTeam and WikiForum team be created shortly?
> Hannie

Hi - it is in the throes of being started - if you want to help then you
can come join us - at present most of the work is being done on IRC - we
can be found on irc.freenode.net at #ubuntu-wiki , if you don't have a
client or don't as yet use IRC then you can use the freenode webchat to
get to us - link for that is
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-wiki

Hope to see you soon

Piskie