Integrating froums and wiki

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 19 11:56:24 UTC 2012

Hi Bodhi,

Sorry for the delayed response on this.

On 9 April 2012 22:23, Bodhi Zazen <bodhi.zazen at montanalinux.org> wrote:
> Hello to the wiki team =)
>
> The forums council is interested in migrating the tutorials from the forums to the wiki.

I think this is a great decision and am very pleased to hear the news.

> It is an interesting project and we are wondering who on the doc team we can collaborate with. Specifically we are interested in connecting contributing users (authors) from the forums with the wiki team.
>
> Who would you suggest we coordinate with on the wiki team ?

I don't have anyone specific in mind but I suggest that you use the
ubuntu-doc mailing list, the forums and the planet to call for
possible contributors who could help with this. Once people come
forward to help with these, we can help answer any questions they have
and to fill any gaps in the documentation.

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Wiki/Tasks/Forum
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Wiki/Tasks/Forum/import
>
> They may be a little out dated, but a good start at collaborating.

I agree. The page may be old, but the basic points that are made there
remain valid and important and are a good starting point for forums
contributors interested in transferring material from the forum to the
help wiki.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org