Translations deadline approaching: useful translation resources

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 3 11:21:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Just a quick announcement of a couple of resources that should help you
in translating 12.04. I've been mentioning some of them, but not too
widely in the last few weeks, as they are still experimental. So if you
see any bug, downtime or anything worth reporting, please let me know.

I hope you find them useful!

Translations stats
------------------

The translations stats site is a resource that should help translation
teams focus their precious time on the most important translations and
track and showcase their progress:

    http://91.189.93.77/stats/precise

What I also personally like about this is that you can see message
sharing at work: notice the Italian translation of Oneiric benefiting
from translations that have been done in Precise:

    http://91.189.93.77/stats/oneiric/it

I've created a Launchpad project for it, where anyone can report bugs,
ask questions, (soon) translate and contribute to code:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations-stats

Ubuntu docs translations
------------------------

I'm hosting the translated HTML version of the Ubuntu docs and updating
it daily with Launchpad translations here:

    http://91.189.93.101/

The site should serve you the right pages according to your browser
preferences. If you've got any issue seeing the localised pages (I know
there is one with the Danish pages), just let me know.

I can also do additional updates if you've got a PO file you'd like to
have online before the next daily update. Just send me the Launchpad
export link to the PO file and I can update the translated html with it.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella