help.ubuntu.com new theme

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 29 14:03:43 UTC 2011

On 10/29/2011 04:11 AM, Matthew East wrote:
> On 23 October 2011 19:36, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I've asked the Canonical sysadmins to install the wiki theme as a
>> non-default theme to the site, so that we can test that.
> This has now been done. I'd be grateful for any testing and feedback
> on the wiki theme. You can use it by logging into the help wiki and
> setting your theme as "light" from the preferences page.

Great work, Matthew, it is looking very nice.  I've updated my
preferences to use the new theme.  Here is some feedback:
- Can't click on the page title to see what pages link to it anymore.
- Cant click on previous pages in the title path to go to them (or see
who links to them).
- In a subpage, you can only see the parent page listed at top.
  - e.g. see [1] which only shows "Deletion" and "List" and is missing
the first one, "Tag".
- The action bar with "Edit, "Info", etc below the page title should
probably be above the title and mesh cleanly with the section that has
the Search field.
- In the Search bar section, the string "Community Ubuntu Documentation"
should probably just say "Home", or be removed altogether since
"Community Help Wiki" above it links to the same thing.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag/Deletion/List

That's all I have for now.  Cheers,

-Connor