Merge requests for serverguide

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 16 21:29:48 UTC 2011

On 10/16/2011 05:24 PM, Peter Matulis wrote:
> On 11-10-16 02:47 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
>> Hi :)
> It would be kinda cool if you wouldn't top-post.
>
>> I think the server-docs team is very small and does an excellent job.
> Thank you.  I think.
>
>> I think they deserve congrats rather than criticism (even tho it wasn't really meant as criticism).
> I don't follow you.
>
>> However, i think that if they can follow the same freeze-date that other docs do then it might help.  Presumably it's reasonably easy to keep working on updating it but just avoid uploading the updates until after the freeze is over.
>>
>> Things can't always be perfect and there is never enough time to do things properly the first time but hopefully there is chance to get it better for the time after this one.
> All I can say to that is what I already said:
>
> "Hopefully we can clear up any misunderstandings in subsequent releases
> of Ubuntu."

We are still looking for somebody to maintain the serverguide.  I've
been handling the merge requests and a couple of small bug reports, but
that's about it (and it's not my area of expertise).  If you or somebody
on your team would like to take over control of these docs, that would
be awesome.

It was great that the server team provided us with doc updates this
release, even if many were too late for string freeze.  Now we're all on
the same page, and I'm sure we can pull it together sooner next release.

Cheers,
-Connor