Incorrect instructions in oneiric docs

Andrej Znidarsic andrej.znidarsic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:14:06 UTC 2011

Hello!

I am reporting some bugs in oneiric documentation:

The guide says:

   1.

   Click the icon at the far top right of the screen and select System
   Settings.
   2.

   In the Personal section, select Startup Applications.
   3.

   Uncheck the GNOME Login Sound option.

But in fact when one goes to System Settings there is no Startup
Application entry. Instead it's located in the menu, which appears when
user clicks on the top right icon.

Disable the login sound for all users

   1.

   Click the icon at the far top right of the screen and select System
   Settings.
   2.

   In the System section, select Login Screen.
   3.

   Click Unlock and enter your password into the popup authentication
   window.
   4.

   Uncheck the Play login sound option.

But there is no "Login screen" option in the section System. I am not sure
where to find this option.

It would be great if these were fixed ASAP because they poses a serious
usability program. I was notified about this by a user who tried to change
the login sound but couldn't due to incorrect docs.

During the weekend I will try to examine some other parts of docs and check
for other mistakes of this type.

regards

Andrej
Andrej

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things
brought together.