UbuntuTime documentation error

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:51:02 UTC 2011

On 7 November 2011 09:57, Chris Pick <ubuntu at chrispick.com> wrote:
> I apologize if this is the wrong location to report this, I tried
> #ubuntu-doc just now, but it was mostly idle.
>
> There's a bug in the documentation at
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuTime in the 'Command Line
> ntpdate' section.
> If you follow the directions to add /etc/cron.daily/ntpdate it doesn't
> tell you to put a shebang line so the cron job fails with 'run-parts:
> failed to exec /etc/cron.daily/ntpdate: Exec format error'.
> It looks like others have been bit by this before also:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=571497.
>
> -Chris

It was actually there! The wiki saw the # and commented it out though.
I've hacked at it to make it show but the only way I could do that
without compromising the command was to put an extra "# " line prior
to it. I hope this will still work, if someone knows how to fix this
better please let us all know.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)