help.ubuntu.com new theme
topdownjimmy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:28:45 UTC 2011
Just a few things I noticed after a couple minutes of browsing:
* There is no margin-right on the signpost image on this page:
* <ul>s are styled to be numbered rather than bulleted
* <em> tags are not obeyed (font-style:italic)
* <h1>s and <h2>s are too similar in size. I think the <h2>s could
work better at 20px.
* I think top-level sections are not delineated clearly enough; a
single-pixel gray border and/or some extra vertical margin/padding
might help a lot. See what I mean here:
* There's too much vertical padding in the gray box beneath the
signpost on this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community
* The vertical padding in the "Edit / Page History / Attachments" bar
is slightly off (there is more beneath than above).
* Might be nice to use the "Search" button used here:
* It's a good idea to put line-height in unitless measures, or at
least ems. For instance, right now you have <h2>s at a font-size of
24px, with a line-height of 28px. If you were to change the font-size
of <h2>s, suddenly the line-height would be wrong. With those
measurements, you should try line-height: 1.16666; or line-height:
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 29 October 2011 09:11, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On 23 October 2011 19:36, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>> I've asked the Canonical sysadmins to install the wiki theme as a
>>> non-default theme to the site, so that we can test that.
>> This has now been done. I'd be grateful for any testing and feedback
>> on the wiki theme. You can use it by logging into the help wiki and
>> setting your theme as "light" from the preferences page.
> I'm now reasonably happy with the wiki theme. The site now has the
> latest version - let me know if you see any other issues.
> Matthew East
> gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF
> ubuntu-doc mailing list
> ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com
More information about the ubuntu-doc