help.ubuntu.com new theme

topdownjimmy topdownjimmy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:28:45 UTC 2011

Just a few things I noticed after a couple minutes of browsing:

* There is no margin-right on the signpost image on this page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UserDocumentation

* <ul>s are styled to be numbered rather than bulleted

* <em> tags are not obeyed (font-style:italic)

* <h1>s and <h2>s are too similar in size. I think the <h2>s could
work better at 20px.

* I think top-level sections are not delineated clearly enough; a
single-pixel gray border and/or some extra vertical margin/padding
might help a lot. See what I mean here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions

* There's too much vertical padding in the gray box beneath the
signpost on this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community

* The vertical padding in the "Edit / Page History / Attachments" bar
is slightly off (there is more beneath than above).

* Might be nice to use the "Search" button used here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelot

* It's a good idea to put line-height in unitless measures, or at
least ems. For instance, right now you have <h2>s at a font-size of
24px, with a line-height of 28px. If you were to change the font-size
of <h2>s, suddenly the line-height would be wrong. With those
measurements, you should try line-height: 1.16666; or line-height:
1.16666em