Ubuntu Open week summary

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Sun May 8 12:52:55 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I wanted to provide a brief follow-up to my Ubuntu Open Week session from
last Thursday.

Overall, while I think the session went *okay*, I don't think it was
particularly great. It was sparsely attended, and not many people asked
questions. There were a couple of unfamiliar faces there, though, and some
of them did ask questions.

I tried to present a broad range of ways that people can get involved in
docs, but would do things a bit differently in the future.  In the future I
think I would try to do a bit more hands-on stuff. Let people follow-along
with some kind of doc-related activity, just to give them a taste of what we
do and give them a sense of accomplishment.

I also think I would do more to promote the session. I didn't blog about the
session in advance, so I might have missed out on a few other faces that
would have shown up if they were prompted.

Here are the meeting logs if you're interested in reviewing them:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekNatty/DocumentationIsABigPlace

Thanks, all.

Jim