bundle or merge proposal?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun May 8 09:50:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 8 May 2011 10:44, Nitesh Mistry <mailbox at mistrynitesh.net> wrote:
> Today I fixed two bugs in lp:kubuntu-docs [0] [1]. Earlier when I fixed
> a single bug, I had created a bundle and attached it to the bug report. But
> today, since I fixed two bugs together (separate commits for each bug), I
> pushed them to a branch and created a merge proposal [2].
>
> What I want to know is, is it okay to create a bundle after each commit
> and attach them to the respective bugs. Which is the preferred way?

Either is fine. It's sometimes easier to track the bundle attached to
the bug report as we can always reference it on the bug.

> Also wanted to confirm whether the branch should be proposed to be merged
> against natty or oneiric since the bugs are reported in natty but the
> current development branch is oneiric. I guess its okay for now since both
> are at same revision.

The bugs should be fixed in oneiric. Since natty has been released and
string changes impact upon translations, bugs should only be fixed in
the natty branch if they are worth doing a stable release update for.
That should be evaluated on a case by case basis depending on the
seriousness of the bug. But in any case in the first instance they
should be fixed in oneiric.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org