Re-energizing Our Documentation and Support Experience

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:45:17 UTC 2011

Hey all,

Just wanted to quickly say thank your to Jim and Jono for helping
to revitalize and inject some energy into Ubuntu Documentation.

>      * We migrate to Sumo and this be the new help.ubuntu.com. This
>        would involve a migration process (setting up a test server,
>        theming it etc ensuring that authentication with Launchpad works
>        etc).

I'm all for migrating to a platform that is more accessible, translatable,
and reviewable (meaning accurate and up to date).  I'm mostly speaking for
the Server Guide however, since that has been my area of contribution to the
Docs Team.

> Would someone be interested in setting up a Sumo server so we can play
> with it, add some sample content, and take it from there?

I couldn't seem to find a place to download Sumo?  I guess I'm unclear about
what Sumo is... from reading the Sumo blog, it seems to be some extensions
and modifications to TikiWiki
http://blog.mozilla.com/sumo/2010/02/18/the-bright-future-of-the-sumo-platform/.
 I've probably missed something and am just being dense though.

Thanks again.

--
Party On,
Adam