Spam on Ubuntu Community Help/Wiki

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 09:42:58 UTC 2011

Hi :)

Over the last month or so i have been using the Recent Pages page
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecentChanges?max_days=7

Spammers seem to forget to leave comments when they edit.  So i only bother to
check the red-blue glasses of pages that have been edited but have been left
blank in the Comments column.  When i delete spam i try to leave a comment
saying "spam" so i know how far i got.  It seems that other people have done
this from time-to-time to so feel free to join in and help in case i get
distracted elsewhere.

Generally spammers don't keep trying 1 page, they move on to another page and
another of give up.  Still, i am sure we will get a full assault one day but we
already have the tools to cope and the risk is worth it given that it gives us
liberty, freedom and lots of goodness all-round.

Regards from
Tom :)