ubuntu-doc-contributors

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:27:13 UTC 2011

On 17 January 2011 06:09, Jared Norris <jrnorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 January 2011 21:30, Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 10:26 +0000, Matthew East wrote:
>>> It looks like the ubuntu-doc-contributors team on Launchpad has very
>>> recently become a "moderated" team, which means that approval is
>>> required to join. This looks like an accident to me, because under our
>>> policy [1] this team should be an open team.
>>>
>>> Is anyone aware of a reason for this change? If not I'll move the team
>>> back to "open".
>>
>> This is odd, any idea who made the change, and when? This should
>> definitely not be a moderated team - please change it back.
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> --
>> Phil Bull
>> https://launchpad.net/~philbull
>> Book - http://nostarch.com/ubuntu4.htm
>>

>> --
>>

> Matt & Phil,
>
> I vaguely recall some sort of bug being mentioned on this topic
> recently on an IRC channel somewhere. I'm madly trying to get a link
> going but the gist of it was that if you subscribe a moderated team to
> an open team (or the other way around?) it automatically changed the
> permissions of the open team. I'll keep looking for the link but
> wanted to give you a heads up.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jared Norris
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Matt, Phil & Team,

Ok, thank goodness for long scroll backs. The issue I saw discussed is
reported at https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/700724 and MAY
be contributing, I'm not sure how your launchpad team is set up and if
something has changed in any parent teams. I just thought I'd mention
it as it seems to have very similar symptoms.