nvidia driver

tarik telesnitsky t.n.telesnitsky at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 08:43:17 UTC 2011

hello

this e-mail is regarding the nvidia driver that you perscribed for my
machine. its called the NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version
current). my device is a duel graphics card laptop (asus ul30vt) and
uses both an on board and dedicated vga.

it took me a long time and a lot of reinstalling ubuntu 10.10 to work
out the problem. This driver once installed restarted to enable it,
makes my machine/ubuntu only boot to text mode. Considering this is
"tested by the ubuntu developers" i would have thought is safe, this is
partly the reason it took so long to identify the issue. I don't mean to
harp on but it has cost me alot of time and frustration is all.

My vga is a Geforce 210M. Any advice regarding an alternative would be
much appreciated as i need the graphics card to work as i use resource
intense software. Thanks in advance and other than this issue i like
what you guys do... alot!

Thanks, Tarik