User documentation CategoryCategory Page

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 15 23:07:15 UTC 2011

Hi Manjul,

I'm not entirely clear on what is wrong with the page or pages in
question.  Do you just want to split the page up into sections with a
table of contents like some of these other Category pages [0]? If so,
this can be done quite easily.  If you don't have the permissions, I can
do it for you.

[0]
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CategoryApplications
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CategoryBluetooth
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CategoryAccessories

The compounding of the multiple words in CamelCase syntax is what drives
the automatic linking in MoinMoin.  Categories are typically only
displayed at the very bottom of the page just above the footer.
Changing this behavior for only categories would probably require some
change to the Moin backend.

It is possible to provide links on the wiki with custom text [1], but
this is not done automatically when adding pages to categories.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HelpOnLinking

Cheers,
-Connor