Some fancy pants screwed help.ubuntu.com search again.

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 15 10:58:32 UTC 2011

On 15 August 2011 11:27, Marko Oreskovic <markoresko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthew East wrote:
>>>
>>> Great would be just fixing like before, like you stated.
>>
>> I'm not sure why this would not still be working. As Jeremy said, this
>> is not high priority for us but if you can tell us why it is not
>> working and submit a patch to fix it, I'll be happy to look at it.
>
> I am not at the server to know why.
> If pointed to the code/configuration/changes to help.ubuntu.com,
> I might ask someone to dig into this.

It's just an ordinary web server. You can find all relevant details by
viewing the html source code of the page. We don't have any special
server-side implementation for the search, as far as I know. I have no
idea about how the search works but I suppose that it is possible that
Google themselves may have changed the implementation.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org