Objectives for Oneiric - Brainstorming

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 28 07:22:45 UTC 2011

Hi Connor,

On 28 April 2011 00:03, Connor Imes <rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:38 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> • Move 11.04 docs to ubuntu-docs package
>>  - the docs now in gnome-user-docs are customised so heavily that it
>> is appropriate for them to be in a separate package, with yelp patched
>> to open them by default.
>>  - this would allow us to ship gnome-user-docs as a vanilla upstream
>> release for those using gnome-shell.
>
> +1 assuming the upstream gnome docs are still useful.  I expect this will
> cause some headaches for translators though, since they will probably need
> to redo their work after the material is moved.

No, the translations can be carried over. And gnome-user-docs has its
own upstream translation teams which are working on the upstream
material.

> Finally I'd like to figure out what docs we will post online for Natty and
> beyond.  For example, will we post the gnome-user-docs online for Natty?

Yes, I've been working on this yesterday based on Shaun's work a few
weeks' ago and have checked in some code which builds the html. It is
a big ragged at the moment and needs more polish and cleanup though.
Hopefully we will have this sorted out by the end of the weekend.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org