Objectives for Oneiric - Brainstorming

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Wed Apr 27 17:46:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 10:38 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> • Move 11.04 docs to ubuntu-docs package
>  - the docs now in gnome-user-docs are customised so heavily that it
> is appropriate for them to be in a separate package, with yelp patched
> to open them by default.
>  - this would allow us to ship gnome-user-docs as a vanilla upstream
> release for those using gnome-shell.

Thanks, this would be appreciated. Even if the Ubuntu help started
as a fork of gnome-user-docs, it really is a separate document and
it ought to have its own document ID.

I would still like to have upstream Yelp be able to determine which
document to load based on what desktops it's running under. If Yelp
is just patched downstream, it will still show the Unity help by
default even when running under GNOME Shell.

I'm still trying to figure out a reliable way to get the current
desktop environment. There must be something.

--
Shaun