Doc plans for the near future

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 26 22:01:54 UTC 2011

>> In terms of time periods, I think that we should aim to start
>> translation work around the time of the release, and then aim for a
>> final string freeze two weeks after, and then a final release with
>> translations four weeks after that.

The current status (thanks to Jeremy's tireless work) is as follows:

== SUMMARY ==
None: 		 0
Stub: 		 6
Incomplete: 	 1
Draft: 		 3
Review: 	 18
Candidate: 	 10
Final: 		 97
Outdated: 	 92

That's a pretty awesome improvement over even just a few days ago. The
biggest priority for anyone with the time and inclination to work on
the topics in the coming days should be the "outdated" pages, as these
are the ones which could potentially require strings to be changed,
rather than just added. Changing large numbers of strings is what we
should avoid after translation work has begun because it will waste
work by the translators. Once translation starts, we should focus on
adding strings and keep string deletions to a minimum.

I would suggest that we focus on the "outdated" pages over the next
few days, and then spend the following two weeks finishing off the
"stub", "review" and "draft" pages.

If it looks like this timing is unrealistic, then we can discuss
whether we should allow more time.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org