Use of revision tags to track status in gnome-user-docs

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 23 23:19:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

This evening I have made modifications to the gnome-user-docs/natty
branch so that we can use the revision tags to track the status as we
revise the Gnome documentation to fit Ubuntu.

I suggest that we use these to track how many files we have reviewed
for compatibility with Ubuntu+Unity, how many files have been drafted
and need peer review, etc. By running the check_status.sh script in
the gnome-help/C directory, we can see the status of all the pages and
easily identify what work needs to be done.

The current summary of status is:

== SUMMARY ==
None: 		 0
Stub: 		 4
Incomplete: 	 1
Draft: 		 3
Review: 	         16
Candidate: 	 13
Final: 		 6
Outdated: 	         186

Outdated can be used to reflect documents which are in Gnome and which
need to be checked for compatibility for Ubuntu+Unity.

The total picture looks gloomy but in fact a lot of those files have
been reviewed and/or can be very quickly reviewed and placed in
"candidate"or "final" status. If you have already reviewed files for
compatibility with Ubuntu, please go ahead and amend the status
accordingly. That will improve the picture quite a lot!

Note: What the various status terms mean is set out here:
http://projectmallard.org/1.0/mal_info_revision.html

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org