The top right on/off button

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 18:56:53 UTC 2011

Hi :)

Windows called it a "Start" button and added the equivalents of the full
Applications, System and Places menu all wrapped up in it.  Since you couldn't
click on it when the machine was off the only thing it couldn't do was/is start
the machine! Well, perhaps not the onlything as it couldn't do the washing
either.

The Control Panel/Centre (as seen in Mageia/Mandriva i think & Wolvix and
others) would seem to make more sense in the System menu but perhaps it's  on
the Start button so that people see it.  "System" sounds scary.

Regards from
Tom :)