Old user-guide in Natty?

Jeremy Bicha jeremy at bicha.net
Fri Apr 15 04:13:44 UTC 2011

On 14 April 2011 23:40, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <ubuntu at gunnar.cc> wrote:
> On 2011-04-15 03:10, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
>> On 14 April 2011 21:04, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <ubuntu at gunnar.cc> wrote:
>>> When clicking the "Help" button on the "Launcher Properties" window, you
>>> are told that the document was not found, since the link points at
>>> "user-guide" in ubuntu-docs. To prevent such dead links (from an unknown
>>> number of apps/tools), would it hurt to include user-guide also in Natty?
>>
>> The ubuntu-docs package was upgraded today so links should be working.
>
> I realize now that I referred to the wrong package. I mean
> /usr/share/gnome/help/user-guide
> i.e. the previous desktop help that was carried by package
> gnome-user-docs, and that is now being replaced by gnome-help. I was
> talking about links from other packages than ubuntu-docs.

Ah, good catch. I think the broken link you saw was to
ghelp:nautilus-file-properties-basic which was not included in the
older gnome-user-guide we published but it's in the current version
which will be published soon. Hopefully, other help links weren't
broken in the switch from Gnome 2.32 to 3.

Jeremy Bicha