New Member - Looking for Guidance on Choosing a Project Involving Original Work - Gwibber Documentation?

Ken VanDine ken.vandine at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 8 14:37:51 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

We definitely need help with docs, and we recently had a great user
guide created by the Vancouver Ubuntu Loco.  However, they created it in
OpenOffice and not mallard.  So we can't embed it nicely in gwibber.
For now we have a link to a pdf.

I am attaching the document they sent to me, I assume it is the latest
of the original.  It would be awesome if you could convert it to
mallard.

The bug report we've been using to track this is at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gwibber/+bug/689146

One thing to note, we are re-writing the client UI so it will change a
bit.  However, I think it is worth converting the existing guide to
mallard for a couple of reasons:

  1) in case we don't finish the new client for 3.2, we are prepared :)
  2) concepts and such probably won't change, so updating the content
       reflect the new UI shouldn't be that hard.
  3) converting it to mallard will make it revision control friendly
(bzr), so we can
       track history of the changes and more easily managing updating
the content

Thanks so much for you interest, and I look forward to the results.  You
can find us in #gwibber on Freenode if you want to chat.

--Ken