Gnome docs update before Beta 2?

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:08:38 UTC 2011

Hi Kyle,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Kyle Nitzsche
<kyle.nitzsche at canonical.com>wrote:

> On 04/10/2011 02:53 AM, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
>
>> Could we please get an update of gnome-user-guide into the Natty
>> repositories before Beta 2 is released? I know we still have a lot of
>> integration work to get done before final release but the 2.91.90
>> version is quite incomplete. Upstream did a lot of work just before
>> Gnome 3 release making the documentation look and work a lot better.
>>
>> Jeremy Bicha
>>

> Are the upstream docs referred to here for Gnome 3?
>
> Is this appropriate content for natty (Gnome 2)?
>
> Cheers,
> Kyle

The upstream docs referred to here *are* for Gnome3, but we're porting the
content to be appropriate for Ubuntu. We branched off of gnome-user-docs
shortly after the 3.0 release of gnome-user-docs, and have been adapting
them to Ubuntu since then.

What appears in Natty right now is an older, not-great-looking,
Gnome3-specific set of docs. In short, we want to replace that with what we
have ASAP.  : )

Jim