How can I help?

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:10:27 UTC 2011

Hi Shaun,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ubuntu doc regulars like Phil and Jim were critical in getting
> the new GNOME help into shape. Now that GNOME 3 is out the door
> and I have a modicum of free time available, I want to help you
> all with the Ubuntu help.
>
> What can I do to help?
>
> --
> Shaun

Thanks for offering to help. One thing that would be particularly helpful
involves the Mallard HTML output. As we discussed at one point, the HTML
output in Mallard is mostly set up to provide something functional, but it
would be nice if we could get the HTML help to look a bit more Ubuntu-ish.

There is an Ubuntu web style guide (PDF) that is extraordinarily detailed:
http://design.canonical.com/brand/D.%20Ubuntu%20Web%20Guidelines.pdf  I
wouldn't expect the help to conform to those standards exactly, but it can
be helpful with regards to fonts, colors, heading sizes, and stuff like
that.

Someone also has an Ubuntu django-theme branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~chrisjohnston/ubuntu-website/django-css-guidelines

Would the CSS stuff be something that you think you could help with?

Thanks so much for all of your help, Shaun.

Jim