ubuntu-docs: Looking for a starting point in Wiki Documentation.

Murray Gunn vtanthropologist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 22:52:57 UTC 2011

Jim,
This might seem pedantic to more experienced people in the team, but I
was confused by the first paragraph after the list in the New Pages
section of WikiGuidePageCreation page.  It says:

You can manually specify a page name to make the title displayed on the
page more descriptive and easier to read. For instance, compare the
title /Resizing Your Photos/ with /Photos/ResizingPhotos/. To do so,
insert #title Page Name as the first line in a document.

The second sentence in particular confused me.  After a few readings, I
think it means something like:

By default, the page title is the page name, but you can manually
specify a title displayed on the page to make it more descriptive and
easier to read. For instance, /Resizing Your Photos/ would be clearer
than /Photos/ResizePhotos/.  To change the title from the default,
insert #title Page Name as the first line in a document.

I'm happy to make the change to this myself, but I haven't found an
example of where this has been done to check my understanding.  Am I
correct?

I'll keep looking through the pages that are marked as needing work to
fix anything I'm confident about.

Murray