bzr push

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 22 19:15:17 UTC 2010

On 22 September 2010 16:06, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Dan,
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Dan 'Da Man' <heymrdjd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am an occasional Xubuntu user and I will what I can to look over the
>> docs and revised
>> what I catch.
>>
>> I have a question about the patches/bugs I have been
>> submitting.  All of them originated from Xubuntu 10.10 docs and that is
>> stated in the patches and bugs, but I see that you merged the changes
>> to the Natty branch.  I know that there is a pre-release freeze on
>> 10.10  docs, but how else should I differentiate which patches/bugs
>> are intended to their respective branch?
>

> Thanks so much for taking the initiative on this.
>
> At this point in time, the Maverick and Natty branches should be the same.

I'm afraid that's not quite right. The Natty branch is more recent
than the Maverick branch at this point in time because once the
documentation string freeze came into force on 9 September, it became
impermissible to make changes to Maverick branches except in the
circumstances described here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationStringFreeze

For that reason all of Dan's patches so far have been applied to the
Natty branch and not to the Maverick branch.

> Also, once we get a good sampling of your work, we will see about giving you
> commit access.  Thanks again for your efforts!!

Agreed. From the patches which I have reviewed and applied so far, I'd
be comfortable supporting Dan for access to ~ubuntu-core-docs, and I
believe that there remain a few patches still to be reviewed. Once we
get through those, I suggest that we assess this.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org