Translation status of the Ubuntu Server Guide

Adam Sommer asommer70 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:26:53 UTC 2010

Hello David,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM, David Planella
<david.planella at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just read [1] and from it I understand that the server guide will no
> longer be shipped in the Ubuntu docs. I was aware that there was some
> discussion going on, but I hadn't realized it would affect translations
> directly.
>
> If I understand it correctly, we should disable the translation template
> from
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/ubuntu-docs,
> shouldn't we?

I didn't think it would affect translations either.  We certainly want the
Server Guide to be translated into as many languages as possible.

> If so, is there a plan to include translations in the HTML and PDF
> versions of the guide? What will happen to the existing translations?

My impression that translations would definitely be included in the HTML and
PDF versions.  I guess I don't understand how not packaging the DocBook
source means no translations?

Thanks for bringing this up David.  If there's anything we need to do to
remedy the situation before release please let me know, and I'll help in any
way I can.

--
Party On,
Adam