Fwd: Re: Installation guide

Murray Gunn vtanthropologist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 00:22:45 UTC 2010

I've put together the first draft of the guide to installing 10.10 from
CD
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/InstallationGuide/InstallFromCD>
and would appreciate feedback, particularly to my comments / questions
in italics.

The guide is targeted at people who know how to use a PC, but have no
technical knowledge of how it all works.  They're probably migrating
from Windows and using Linux for the first time.  It would probably have
a few screenshots and be in a printable format so they could have it
beside them while they install.

Thanks.

Murray