publisher drop-in replacement

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 12:03:03 UTC 2010

Scribus sounds fairly perfect for my company's requirements.  They seem to love
pdf.  I thought people would point me to some sort of LaTex tool but i have no
idea what LaTex is about.

I couldn't find Framemaker, Quark Xpress or  Indesign in the fairly standard
repos (plus Medibuntu) on my Ubuntu system here but Scribus was easy to find and
the Windows download for it was also easy to find.  I think OpenOffice is not
quite what people are looking for.  The Scribus site looks nice too :)

Many thanks and regards from
Tom :)