Add boot options tutorial to the preseed appendix

oge nnadi oge at nnadi.org
Sat Oct 9 17:46:05 UTC 2010

Hey,

This is my first documentation suggestion so pardon me if I'm doing it
wrong. I filed a bug for the official documentation, and I wanted to
notify you all of it as in the Submitting Material section of this
page, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation.

Anyway, here's my documentation suggestion
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+bug/657388):

While trying to set up an automated install, I but couldn't figure out
how to set the boot parameters described here :
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/preseed-using.html
at install time. I suggest, we add the following line

"Instructions for setting boot parameters during an install are here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions ."

to the following locations in the official documentations. The 6th
paragraph of this page
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/preseed-using.html
, and the 3rd paragraph of this page
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/installation-guide/i386/boot-parms.html