Documentation markup experience

Fabian Rodriguez Fabian.Rodriguez at canonical.com
Mon May 31 15:28:52 UTC 2010

On 10-05-31 09:33 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> there recently was a discussion about moving Packaging documentation
> from the wiki back into some kind of documentation markup format.

I haven't followed the discussions around that lately (or at anytime)
but I recently came across the SiSu:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SiSU

"[SiSu] is a Unix command line-oriented framework for document
structuring, publishing and search. Using markup applied to a document,
SiSU can produce plain text, HTML, XHTML, EPUB, XML, OpenDocument, LaTeX
or PDF files [...]"

Take a look at the result for the Little Brother book:
http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/little_brother.cory_doctorow/sisu_manifest.html

It was announced here:
http://craphound.com/littlebrother/2010/04/27/little-brother-and-content-the-sisu-versionsthe/

We have packages in Ubuntu for sisu but that and the above links are
about the only thing I know about SiSu.

If it's known and has been discussed before, I'd like to know where -
and sorry for the noise.

Cheers,

- --
Fabian Rodriguez, Ubuntu Systems Senior Support Analyst
Canonical Corporate Services, Montreal, QC, Canada
http://landscape.canonical.com