question java page on help.ubuntu.com/community

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 19:15:28 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Zach Kriesse <zach.kleinhenz at gmail.com>wrote:

> No....
>
> Zach Kriesse
> UBT Member/Master
> https://help.ubuntu.com
> http://ubuntuforums.org
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZachK_
>
> On Mar 28, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bug #546909  references the Switching To Windows Guide which has a link to
> the Java page.  While the bug (<https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+bug/546909>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+bug/546909)
> talks about the install directions being incorrect, the more confusing item
> is the Java page:  <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java.  The top of page contains this
> perplexing message:
> *Please do not make any edits to this article. Its contents are currently
> under review and being merged with the Ubuntu Server Guide. To find the
> Ubuntu Server Guide related to your specific version, please go to:*
> *
> *
> SO just trying to figure out what exactly is going on here, can I edit this
> page to fix the install instructions or what?

No what?  If no it cannot be edited please explain why, a simple answer does
add to the conversation here.

Why would a wiki page that deals with desktop software be considered a part
of the server guide and waiting to be merged.  Digging more into the bug,
due to some people using this wiki page they are having some problems with
java