method of using bzr

Kyle Nitzsche kyle.nitzsche at canonical.com
Mon Mar 22 19:23:46 UTC 2010

Dan 'Da Man' wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know people are busy trying to meet the upcoming freeze/deadline,
> but I wanted to ask a quick question about using Bazaar.  I
> encountered a situation where I started to make a revision on what I
> thought was a updated branch (I inputted the bzr update command and it
> stated the branch was updated to whatever number. but I later
> discovered there were other subsequent revisions that were made to the
> same branch.  I pulled the newer revisions after making my revisions,
> then I was not able to resolve the conflicts between the newer file
> and the one that I altered.  I was wondering if someone could provide
> some suggestions on how they make revisions, maintain an updated
> branch and resolve any conflicts that may arise.

Hi,

One possibility: use 'bzr diff' to show all changes since the last
commit. use 'bzr diff $file' to see changes in a file. bzr diff r1..2 to
diff between versions 1 and 2 in a file or all files.

(And of course, 'bzr help diff'.)

So, you could get the current branch.
Diff your branch (or file) to it and see the differences.

This might help you resolve conflicts.

Cheers,
Kyle