Greetings

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:31:00 UTC 2010

Hi Jamal,

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 04:13 -0800, Jamal wrote:

> I am contacting you regarding selling Ubuntu CD's.I am from Lithuania
> and the other day I saw one shop selling Ubuntu cd's for around10 $ a
> piece.My question is , is it legal to sell the cd's when it's written
> on the cd itself " Free Ubuntu Software " ?

Yes, it is legal to sell the CDs. The important aspect of the CDs being
Free is that they can be given away, copied, or redistributed in any
way, even by selling them.

The FSF have released a position statement on selling GNU software [1].

Thanks,

Phil

[1] - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

--