Grub Documentation 'Holes'

Phillip Whiteside phillw at phillw.net
Fri Jul 16 20:44:39 UTC 2010

Hi Dave,

the last person I helped with RAID1 I pointed over to an excellent and
detailed posting at
http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set-up-software-raid1-on-a-running-system-incl-grub2-configuration-ubuntu-10.04There
is so much detail on there is would be an article in it's own right,
and I do not think putting it in the grub2 documentation would sit well.

There is also the small matter of the rather excellent 10.04LTS server
documentation for RAID at
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/advanced-installation.html

I've seen both methods used, using the ubuntu server system just requires
the use of tasksel to put on gui ubuntu (GNOME), kubuntu or xubuntu versions
on [lxde isn't a tasksel yet '-( ] The server edition covers the three types
of RAID commonly used.

Regards,

Phill.