Grub documentation

Phillip Whiteside phillw at phillw.net
Thu Jul 15 02:57:07 UTC 2010

Hi Connor,

next time we meet, expect a thump in the eye, or a sit down with a pint of
beer ;-)

What have you gotten me involved in ?!!!  As part of the bug-squad & doc
team & wiki team & SOD team, along with trying to get docs / wiki pages up
for Lubuntu, life is never quiet.

I always knew that Dave's Grub2 would be the accepted one - shame everyone
didn't realise ;-)

But, while you're on ..... What is this chatter about removing 'tasksel'
from the desktop system? That is really going screw up the simple addition
of LAMP for the students who need to learn it.

I'll leave you with another headache, as I can not get a deffinative answer
out of anyone.... Well, that's what you are there for.

If you'd like any more information on that particular F* up they are about
to make, please get in touch.

After years of sudo 'do this', sudo 'do that' we had
http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4 which was going to be added to
the server documention with a link from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP As I was discussing with
Adam - It is really one of WTF moments.

Regards,

Phill.
P.S. You can add me as a +1 to keep tasksel on the vote for keeping it on
10.10 desktop.