removing links from the ubuntu docs branch

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 14 22:50:34 UTC 2010

On 07/14/2010 09:05 AM, Matthew East wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Vikram Dhillon <dhillonv10 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just noticed today that there are some links of some bugs to the
>> Ubuntu branch, I went ahead and removed the ones that have a "Fix
>> Committed" status to them. I made a list of them just in case anyone
>> would want to have them back. I didn't do anything wrong did I?
>>
> I think it would be better to leave them in future. My understanding
> is that the idea is to have the links in place so that it is possible
> to see which branch fixes which particular bug. The links is created
> at the time of committing the fix to the branch with the "--fixes"
> flag on bzr.
>
> I don't think it's particularly important and certainly not enough to
> restore the links but unless I've misunderstood the system, I think
> it's intentional that they are there.
>
> Happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood though.

I +1 leaving them in place when possible.  It's not a big deal that they
are removed in these couple of instances though.  My primary concern is
having the bugs updated to Fix Released automatically.  IIRC, this is
handled by the changelog having the "LP: #12345" formatted messages in
them.  Or is it actually having the branch linked that does it?

-Connor