答复: ERP System: SAP

Xiaoqi xiaoqi at 163bj.com
Fri Jul 9 14:37:10 UTC 2010

Hi Florin,

Phil is right, it's true that Open Source will be very possible as future
alternative to Micro$oft platform from cost (TCO) perspective.

However, the most first thing is considering your whole enterprise
requirements as prerequisite, SAP is very important, but it's only the one
of the enterprise business and office applications. If we want to change the
OS platform, all of the related applications and services are relevant each
other.

For information, SAP user are depending Microsoft Excel very much, for file
uploading / downloading, spreadsheet display, printing, ... and SAP (depends
on the business process your ent. are using) has different interface to
other business application, simply to say, to your mail application, to your
OA application, then how those integration can still keep alive after Ubuntu
is up is also the key questions.

And another thing need to notice, you cannot run existing SAP GUI for
Windows on your future Ubuntu directly, you can only use SAP GUI for Java,
that definitely cause some issues...

I have to say, it's not one easy journey, try to list down all of the
potential incompatible issues, with apple-to-apple comparison with your SAP
team.

Hope that do some initial reference, best regards,
Xiaoqi