Using Mallard for Ubuntu docs

David Wonderly david.wonderly at kubuntu.org
Sun Jul 4 22:08:12 UTC 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Using Mallard for Ubuntu docs
From: "David Wonderly" <david.wonderly at kubuntu.org>
To: "Phil Bull" <philbull at gmail.com>
CC:

Phil, as one of the kubuntu doc guys i know we have talked about mallard in our docs. We are staying with docbook as upstream is stay there as of now.

Because kubuntu is shipped with kubuntu-docs and not ubuntu-docs I'm less worried about the docs being generated for a specific DE. I can more understand the wiki help files being genetic but when it comes to system docs each distro ships its own doc package written for the DE

I know this covers a bit more then just the usage of mallard in kubuntu however, I think its good to see a broad scope of goes on behind the scenes.

DW