New to Ubuntu (was Ubuntu-docs Requirements?)

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 21 10:21:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Benjamin Humphrey
<humphreybc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I missing something here, but wouldn't the Ubuntu Manual supersede this
> document?

No, I don't think so - this document is already a part of the system
documentation (System->Help and Support->New to Ubuntu?) and we're
simply talking about improving it so that it is more useful than it
currently is.

The Ubuntu Manual's approach seems to be to provide a complete guide
to using Ubuntu. I don't think it is intended to integrate it with
Ubuntu's desktop help, nor do I think that it is possible to do so.
Also in terms of scope, as I see the current goals of the manual, it's
a lot more complex than what this document should be. This document
should be concise and topic based, not a manual at all.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org