What are we doing wrong?

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:45:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'd be willing to help as much as I can. I can try to stir up some
> publicity in the future, but first we need something in place for people to
> get excited about.
>
> I think it *is* too late for Lucid to do an entire re-work of the OS help,
> and I normally am one for setting close deadlines!
>
> By re-work I don't mean the *content, *I mean all the points that have
> been made here regarding speed, appearance, wording of menu items,
> promotion, education, visibility. We need something *new,* something *
> unique* that distinguishes OUR help from any other operating system and
> encourages people to use it. Martin is on the right track with his ideas.

Both myself and Shaun McCance (the Gnome doc team lead and yelp developer)
are going to be attending the WritersUA conference in Seattle this March
[1],[2].  This is the conference that I attended last year and found to be
very helpful in exposing me to approaches used by other UA writers and
developers.  Last year I think I wound up in some sessions that weren't
entirely relevant to what we do, but this year I've been able to select
sessions that will be entirely relevant.  Is anyone else interested in
attending this conference?

Jim

[1] Conference info: http://www.writersua.com/ohc/index.html
[2] Conference tracks: http://www.writersua.com/ohc/tracks.htm