Service Packs for existing releases

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 17 11:03:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Vikram Dhillon <dhillonv10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Quite a while ago Phil wrote this page [1] to set out a proposal for
>> updating documentation in stable releases. We've never implemented
>> this yet although we do see plenty of demand for it.
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/ServicePacks

> That's an awesome idea, how come Phil get all the super great ideas
> and I don't :P but any ways Matthew I was thinking about a launchpad
> team (subteam of Ubuntu docs.) that can coordinate effectively with
> the SRU, translators and the documentation writers. We can also have
> another mailing list to have discuss issues and such. Any comments on
> the team stuff.

I'm rather cautious about creating new sub-teams to the documentation
team because it tends to fragment efforts, particularly if a separate
mailing list is used. In this case I don't think there is a reason to
have a separate team and the regular ubuntu-doc team infrastructure
should work fine.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org