Collaboration between the Ubuntu Manual and Docs Team

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 14 13:00:54 UTC 2010

Hi Benjamin,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Find one place (apart from where I mention the "Official Ubuntu Book") where
> the word "official" appears on our wiki.

Just to prove that I've read your wiki pages, the bit I had in mind
was this FAQ:

QUOTE

Is this official?

No. It is not officially supported by Canonical at the moment. But we
are working on making it "official."

UNQUOTE

> Thanks for the feedback. I know it may seem like we are trying to do the
> same thing as you, but in all reality we aren't.

That's basically what Phil and I are trying to explore on this thread.
I'll try find you on irc after work today to talk this through,
subject to time zones.

> I do. Just because I counter-argue what you are saying doesn't mean I'm not
> listening :)

I believe that you're listening and that is important. I'm not sure
that much of what has been said has been counter-argued yet, but let's
see where the discussion goes. We will always listen too, and I've
always believed in the value of discussion and communication.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org