MediaWiki Karmic Blank Pages

Cornelius Brümmer dave at corcor.de
Tue Jan 12 17:41:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just installed MediaWiki on a 64bit Karmic-Ubuntu by following these
instructions:

https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/serverguide/C/mediawiki.html

After moving the LocalSettings.php and pointing my browser to the main
page there is only a very blank page. But some of the Special Pages
work... e.g. Special:Version

There is no way of getting any error report displayed (for example with
error_reporting(E_ALL)...).

After some investigation I resolved the issue:
The memory limit that is written to the LocalSettings.php is to low:
If you raise it from:
   ini_set( 'memory_limit', '16M' );
   ini_set( 'memory_limit', '64M' );

everything works just fine and as expected. I think this should be
mentioned in the ServerGuide above.

Cornelius